Brookhouse Elementary Plan for Improvement 2010-11
Grade Primary to Grade 3 students will demonstrate growth in reading and Grade 4 to Grade 6 students will demonstrate growth in writing.
• collect information about individual students' reading at
least twice per year
• use reading assessment results to design lessons that support
• provide training for teachers in
reading and writing
• organize a Family Literacy Night
• gather a range of writing samples, to help students and teachers
communicate about expectations
• organize Reading and Writing Blitzes
Students will demonstrate an improved ability to communicate understanding
of operations and number sense on a 4-point rubric.
• provide staff PD on communicating understanding of number sense and operations,
mental math, and use of math journals
• organize a "Celebrate Math Night"
• regularly assess students on their ability to communicate math
• share student results with colleagues, and use it to collaborate on best strategies and
• work with Math Coach to ensure the needs of all students are being met
We have met goal 3 regarding school climate.
Brookhouse is in year 5 of our Planning for Improvement/Accreditation process and our plan will be reviewed this school year.